“Rupert is charming with a vast competency in complex issues, such as Sharia lending and similar law issues. He is diligent, conscientious, hard-working and committed. He never fails to deliver quality results for clients and I am hugely impressed by him.”
Paul Deacon, UK Trusted Adviser Managing Director
Highly experienced business lawyer with extensive anti-money laundering experience.
What we say about Rupert
Rupert is the firm’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer. He has reviewed and is improving and strengthening the firm’s anti-money laundering practices and procedures.
Rupert was educated at Trinity College, Dublin where he gained an MA in Modern History and Political Science. On graduation he spent three years working for Hill Samuel & Co and then switched to the law qualifying as a solicitor in 1978. He has huge experience in business law. He is always conscious that the client will want the best business result in any particular circumstances.
He has had some 40 years’ experience as a corporate/commercial lawyer with experience of advising on flotations, banking and finance law, domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, competition law (“anti-trust for the benefit of those with a US background”) and merger control. He has acted for clients in a variety of sectors including property manufacturing, retail and banking.
Rupert has travelled extensively in the Far East particularly in Malaysia and Singapore where he has a wide range of business and professional contacts.
In addition to English, Rupert has a working proficiency in Spanish and French.
Rupert’s qualifications include:
- Alumni membership of the IFS School of Finance.
- Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance from the Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance.
- Diploma in European Competition Law from Kings College University of London.
Rupert currently is Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the firm and is performing invaluable work ensuring that the firm is protected from the activities of money launders.
Rupert’s career highlights include:
- acting in investigation of alleged private schools cartel. This was an investigation into allegations of extensive fee fixing in the private education sector; and
- acting for one of the parties in high profile City whistle-blowing litigation Evershed v New Star.