Robin is an oil and gas expert with over 20 years in-house experience, including 10 years as a General Counsel and Company Secretary, with broad upstream, corporate, M&A, restructuring, financing, compliance and disputes experience in both developed and emerging markets.
What we say about Robin
Robin brings extensive international oil and gas, corporate and compliance experience.
His oil and gas experience encompasses upstream corporate joint ventures, JoAs, PSAs, licensing, A&D, disputes, operational, as well as midstream and downstream matters in Western and Central Europe, the Middle East, Russia and Kazakhstan.
This upstream experience includes:
- BP’s major Russian upstream investments: The East Siberia Kovyktinskoye gas to China PSA project; Sakhalin IV and V with Rosneft; TNK-BP Merger issues and the Kashagan PSA (Kazakhstan);
- E&P assets in the UK, Norway, Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, Morocco, Tunisia, Syria, Russia and Kazakhstan, and
- PetroKazakhstan’s major international disputes across the full value chain with Lukoil, permitting a takeover by CNPC for $4.2Bn.
He has been General Counsel and Company Secretary to UK, Canadian and Dutch E&P companies listed on the AIM, TSX-V and Euronext Paris Marché Libre exchanges. This extensive corporate experience includes:
- Listing / preparing companies for IPO;
- Takeovers, including of Stratic Energy Corporation by Enquest PLC and of Aurelian Oil and Gas PLC by San Leon Energy plc;
- A&D corporate and asset;
- Restructuring, including Stratic’s group debt and asset and corporate sales in the UK, Italy and Turkey, ahead of takeover;
- Financing small cap E&P, including reserves based debt, convertible and other bonds, equity, and
- Compliance, particularly group processes and policies, UK Bribery Act, procurement and emerging markets issues.
After Qualifying as a Solicitor with McKenna & Co (now CMS Cameron McKenna) in 1997, he worked at BP in London until 2003, advising on its major Russian upstream investments.
He was Legal Manager at PetroKazakhstan Inc, based in Kazakhstan 2003-6.
Since 2007 he has held a series of General Counsel and Company Secretary roles in listed small cap E&P companies on the AIM, TSX-V and Euronext exchanges; Stratic Energy Corporation 2007-10; Aurelian Oil & Gas PLC 2011-13; Equus Petroleum Plc, a Kazakhstan focused pre- IPO E&P company 2013-14, and Sequa Petroleum N.V. 2014-17, a Norway focused company. He was a Non-executive Director of Carthage Hydro Limited, a hydroelectric power start up 2008-2012.