WHAT WE SAY ABOUT SUMIT
Sumit joined the corporate team at McCarthy Denning in 2017. He maintains a transactional practice that focuses on mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, private equity and joint ventures. He also has significant experience with software licensing and service agreements and their implementation, particularly in the oil and gas, and pharmaceutical industries. He has represented clients of all sizes, from multinationals listed on the NYSE and LSE, to start-ups particularly in the technology sector, a sector in which he has extensive knowledge.
Sumit began has career in the City with Titmuss Sainer & Webb (now Dechert), and subsequently practiced in the corporate and commercial department of Warner Cranston. He joined Brobeck Hale and Dorr in 1999, transferring to the Boston office of Hale and Dorr (now WilmerHale) in 2001, where he practised in the firm’s corporate group, specializing in cross-border transactions, often representing large US corporations making strategic overseas acquisitions. Working on cross-border transactions, he has traveled with clients across Europe, Middle East, South Africa and Asia dealing with local jurisdictional issues and liaising with local counsel.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT SUMIT
Sumit maintains a practical and commercial approach to problem solving, always seeking to serve his client’s best interests. His clients describe him as pragmatic and personable.
Sumit’s career highlights include:
- representing NASDAQ listed corporation in acquiring an UK based company with operations in twenty two countries;
- representing Canadian corporation in its divestment of non-core business assets;
- representing US bank in various financings;
- representing US retail corporation in its expansion across the UK;
- representing various private equity funds investing in the technology sector; and
- representing multiple start-ups, both in the UK and USA.