What we say about June
June has over 35 years in legal practice, most recently as a partner at Fasken Martineau for over 20 years. Before that, she worked for a number of years at Clifford Chance and was educated at the universities of Warwick and Oxford.
June’s practice spans a wide range of corporate, commercial, capital market and financing transactions and covers both public (AIM and Official List) and private companies, financial sponsors and acting for investors and investee companies alike. Much of her work involves cross-border transactions and a variety of financing structures (both equity and debt) and includes private equity, venture capital, investment, joint venture and collaboration agreements as well as IPOs, M&A and takeovers (public and private).
She has worked extensively in a variety of sectors particularly life sciences, natural resources and technology on a wide variety of transactions, including IPOs, M&A, bond issues, reverse takeovers, private placements and subscription agreements as well as acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings, refinancings and reorganisations. She has also been extensively involved in advising on the establishment of funds and other investment vehicles, including a number of listed investment trusts.
June is also the author of Tolley’s ‘Practical Guide to Corporate Governance and Directors’ Remuneration.’ She has also provided legal advice and acted as company secretary for several years to FSID (now Lullaby Trust).
What others say about June
- Recognised by Chambers Global for her expertise in the field of ‘Corporate/M&A’ (UK) (2012).
- Recognised by The Legal 500 for her expertise in the ‘Corporate and Commercial’ and ‘TMT-IT and Telecoms’ fields (2009 – 2011).
- Recognised by Chambers Global as a leading individual within ‘Corporate: Leading Foreign Firms in London’ (UK) (2011).
- Recognised by Legal Experts as an authority in the field of ‘Corporate and M&A’ (2008-2013).
The following career highlights demonstrate the breadth and depth of June’s practice:
- Canadian Overseas Petroleum Limited Closes Unit Offering of approximately C$7.2m.
- Symbility Solutions Announces Closing of C$5.1m Bought Deal Equity Financing.
- Canadian Overseas Petroleum Limited closes C$10.1m short form prospectus offering.
- Ningbo Lehui acquires assets including machinery and IP rights from a UK-based manufacturer of brewing equipment.
- Admission of Just Energy Group Inc.’s US$150m bonds to the Official List and to trading on the Professional Securities Market.
- Canadian Overseas Petroleum Limited closes £2.4m placing and is admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange’s main market.
- Just Energy closes US$150m bond offering.