What we say about Jon
Jon has practiced as a banking and restructuring lawyer in London for over 20 years and has broad experience in real estate finance, acquisition and other structured finance and project finance (including PFI). His clients include UK and international banks, corporate borrowers/issuers, sovereign wealth funds, high net worth individuals/family offices and infrastructure investors.
Jon has helped to build and lead the London banking teams at Speechly Bircham and McGrigors (now Pinsent Masons), having previously worked at CMS Cameron McKenna. Prior to this, Jon was in-house counsel for a major European bank for two years which provided invaluable insight into both lender and borrower expectations.
Recent transactions include acting for:
- UK bank lending to SPVs owned through a JPUT structure, secured against a UK regional shopping centre.
- One of the UK’s largest independent care home groups on the restructuring of £500m of shareholder debt and the reorganisation of the share capital structure of the group.
- Development company on its revolving facility for Myatts Field Social Housing PFI Project (c. 1000 homes).
- UK bank on the £25m financing and subsequent refinancing of a portfolio of residential care properties in London.
- Sponsor and project company on seven NHS LIFT PFI Projects in 3 years.
- Rights-owning company on acquisition financed by senior facilities and equity.
- Security Trustee on the bond documents on the NI Roads 2 DBFO project.
- Owner/operator of London West End hotel on its refinancing with a UK bank.
Jon is qualified in Ontario, Canada as well as England and Wales and is ranked in Legal Experts.